Close to the waterfront esplanade is this brightly coloured cathedral. It is of course named after its famous Parisian counterpart. Completed in 1875 it is not only the oldest Catholic church in Tahiti but also one of last remaining examples of early colonial architecture. The yellow walls, red roof and red steeple stand out very well against the blue sky. Being in the centre of the capital city it is hard to capture a photograph of the church without other people in the frame.